Sunday, August 26, 2012

My artwork

This is what my second book fair and eqaul divorce looks like the cover is in color it gives people a chance to see what my artwork really looks like inside the book I am much better in color My artwork started long before my first book International Book of Love a Dolls Like Us Book By Sharon Wortman (maiden name) it started after I made a art exhibit and won second place as a non proffesional artist at Sinclair College at womens art show . It started with 3 d artwork then I took some pictures out in my yard of my dolls and my art exhibits and I asked myself would they look better outside full size ? When I broke thsi really heavy doll house I had spent weeks making I gave up on props . Then I started getting dolls printed off on my computer in various sizes . I thought dolls should look like us when I first figured out how to get the dolls in the pictures I was putting rag dolls in the picture I had made to sell that look like us but they never sold and a friend said they needed to not be flat. No people are flat so why should dolls be flat he was right . I already still had my dolls from childhood and my husband collected music so I decided to buy dolls at goodwill the same place my husband got he's tapes . I collected a lot of dolls I probably have 200 . Then I started to dress dolls I have sewed doll cloths for 60 years I was a very young child when I made doll cloths the first time . I remember spending hours coloring polka dots on to a palin white fabric for a doll dress . I have learned a lot over the years on how to dress dolls and hwo to manufacture doll cloths . After high school I got a degree in hair it doesn't help me as much as I would like it to help with doll hair is different form human hair . I also walk around Ohio and get lots of pictures ,

No comments: